[OpenAFS-devel] Compile 1.6.0pre7 under FreeBSD 8.2

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:45:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011, Daniel Dettlaff wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to compile latest candidate of OpenAFS under FBSD 8.2.
> I tried:
>
> ./configure --with-afs-sysname=amd64_fbsd_80 --prefix=/Software/OpenAFS --disable-fuse-client && make
>
> and it ends with:
>
> http://is.fiend.pl/1N1U1w3l3w1h1o3T173L
>
> I downloaded latest source for kernel, but what should I do to compile libafs module?
%
% error: opt_global.h: no such file or directory

Hello Daniel,

The missing file, opt_global.h, is produced by the config(8) utility from
the kernel configuration file as part of the process of building a kernel.
If you are using the standard GENERIC kernel configuration, you can fetch
a pre-built package for 1.6.0pre7 from:
http://web.mit.edu/freebsd/openafs/amd64_fbsd_82/openafs-1.6.0.p7.tbz
If that package does not work for you, then I recommend that you build a
kernel following the standard instructions, and pass the
--with-bsd-kernel-build=/path/to/obj/KERNCONF argument to configure.  That
should be sufficient to find the opt_global.h header.

I further note that you are attempting to force the amd64_fbsd_80 sysname,
but there are source-code incompatibilities between 80, 81, and 82, so you
should actually specify amd64_fbsd_82 if you are building for FreeBSD 8.2.

-Ben Kaduk