[OpenAFS-devel] Linux client 2.6.38 and above hangs

Markus Suvanto markus.suvanto@gmail.com
Sun, 1 May 2011 12:31:58 +0300

> This is probably the same problem that we've been trying to track down
> elsewhere. =C2=A0Do you get a soft CPU lockup warning from the kernel aft=
er
> about a minute waiting for the system to recover?
>
> --
> Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu) =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0=
 <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

No, it hangs totally.

while(1)
dmesg
sleep 0.5
end

And when hang happen above loop simply
stop running and there are no kernel messages.
Computer is totally unresponsive and I have to reboot
it until it recovers.

-Markus

Ps. I have send my .config but it is too big. I can
gzip and resend or list moderator have to approve
my message.