[OpenAFS-devel] Re: module reload oops, openafs-1.5.78 tarball

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 4 May 2011 15:46:48 -0500

On Wed, 4 May 2011 13:32:01 -0500
Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:

> > > Is this worth tracking down? I saw a reference to openafs_1_6, so
> > > I'm guessing I'm behind as I used the 1.5.78 tarball release.
> >
> > Your afsd doesn't match your cache manager. And yes, the 1.6.0
> > prereleases are the best place to look if you are interested in
> > testing.
>
> What's the indication afsd & cache manager do not match?

The panic string:

>>> [40084.003455] openafs: Can't init cache with inode numbers when complex inodes are in use

That comes up when the cache manager receives a pioctl for initializing
a cache file by number, when the cache manager is running an OpenAFS
version that only initializes cache files by path.

While it is possible something in the build process got confused as to
which interface afsd should use, it wouldn't break "sometimes" in that
case; this is a compile-time behavior. And in any case, 1.5.78 is not
interesting.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net