[OpenAFS-devel] Re: adding "make check" to build slaves

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:16:45 -0400

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:52 PM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wro=
te:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:37:14 -0400
> Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@secure-endpoints.com> wrote:
>
>> > ...and I responded with that it makes it much easier to see when the
>> > 'make check' tests no longer fail for a platform, so we know when we
>> > can change it into a "failing step" (or "required to verify" step,
>> > or whatever). Instead of asking someone to manually run the tests, I
>> > can submit a change and look at the buildbot output to see if it
>> > worked. I have not yet heard any downside for doing that.
>>
>> As an intermediary step this is fine. =A0This is not acceptable for long
>> term use.
>
> Yes, sorry I wasn't clear on that. I just meant doing that until 'make
> check' works on the platform in question. I intended this as something
> temporary until 'make check' becomes more robust/official, or for a
> temporary period if we add a new builder platform, and 'make check'
> doesn't work right away.

That's probably a reasonable approach. The fun bit is in some cases I think=
 we
are going to end up needing a wrapper script on the buildslaves so
e.g. not-currently-
installed shared libraries can be in the run path of the make check...
but this suddenly opens
us up to more interesting things happening as a result of submitted patches=
.

--=20
Derrick