[OpenAFS-devel] non-buildbot gerrit submissions (was Re: adding "make check" to build slaves)

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 17:37:11 -0400

On 04/10/2012 02:54 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:52:05 -0500
> Andrew Deason<adeason@sinenomine.net>  wrote:
>
>> Yeah, that is an issue, but it's not really a new one. I think that
>> falls under the general issue that submitting any kind of
>> platform-specific issue causes all of the builders to build again.
> I think this problem largely goes away if there was a way to indicate
> that a submission should _not_ go to buildbot automatically. I'm not
> sure how the gerrit/buildbot integration is done, but would it be
> difficult to have another pseudo-branch, for example like
> 'refs/for/master-nobuild'? Or use a topic like refs/for/master/nobuild?
>
> That would make the problem go away, since someone can then force the
> build for a specific platform via the buildbot web interface.

I think we could do what you propose by making different builders that
build only certain branches, but I don't prefer it. I think it would be
better to schedule certain builders to run tests on a scheduled basis.
We could add tests to certain gerrit-triggered builds when we are happy
with the results.

You can manually specify gerrit changes to be tested through the
buildbot web interface.

Jason