[OpenAFS-devel] non-buildbot gerrit submissions (was Re: adding "make check" to build slaves)

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:54:44 -0500

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:52:05 -0500
Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:

> Yeah, that is an issue, but it's not really a new one. I think that
> falls under the general issue that submitting any kind of
> platform-specific issue causes all of the builders to build again.

I think this problem largely goes away if there was a way to indicate
that a submission should _not_ go to buildbot automatically. I'm not
sure how the gerrit/buildbot integration is done, but would it be
difficult to have another pseudo-branch, for example like
'refs/for/master-nobuild'? Or use a topic like refs/for/master/nobuild?

That would make the problem go away, since someone can then force the
build for a specific platform via the buildbot web interface.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net