[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Gerrit reviews and the rate of acceptance

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:31:05 -0500

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:23:19 -0400
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> crazier ideas:
> * are there other non-openafs communities that we could tap into? If
> stackoverflow.com did code reviews, that would be awesome.

As a more general point, quite frankly I don't think just getting more
people to review things would be all that helpful if they don't know
what they're talking about. Crowdsourcing stuff works well when/because
pretty much anyone can help, but for most of the review we're talking
about here I think you need some kind of knowledge.

Not that we have that problem _now_, obviously. In my opinion anyone
I've ever seen post on this list is knowledgeable enough to review at
least some stuff.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net