[OpenAFS-devel] adding "make check" to build slaves

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2012 19:28:23 -0400

1) make the tests be built as part of "make all"; push to gerrit. it
may fail. if so,
2) attempt make the tests actually build on all platforms; rebase that
change before the one described in 1, and push both to gerrit.
3) iterate on 2 until things build everywhere
4) a simple way to then work on getting the tests working everywhere
without breaking every slave: submit a change which makes "make check"
happen as part
of "make all"; mark it not to be merged, but buildbot will happily
explode wherever a buildslave would be screwed.
5) fix it or decide we don't care or each platform, iterating over 4.
6) when we know which platforms are done, turn it on for those platforms.

if you give me 10 minutes, i will push a patchset which does 1. then we wait.