[OpenAFS-devel] question: binary interface to kernel module (RHEL6.2/6.3, openafs 1.6.1)?

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:17:10 -0400

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:19:16 +0200
Stephan Wiesand <stephan.wiesand@desy.de> wrote:

> It gets weirder: I can't reproduce the problem with an ext4 cache filesystem created with mkfs.ext4 on the running system. Only with filesystems created by the installer (SL6.2 is confirmed yet). The fsck doesn't find anything wrong with the fs.

so the patch you mention shouldnt be used if you arent using htree
directory index.  can you try making an ext4 filesystem without using
dir_index.  this might be the difference versus the installer and the
command line invocation of mkfs.ext4.