[OpenAFS-devel] Re: mod_waklog sourceforge project

Aaron Knister aaronk@umbc.edu
Fri, 31 Aug 2012 08:02:51 -0400

--e89a8f503b7271381e04c88e93af

Well I can tell you that from a developer perspective UMBC really has given
that baby up for adoption. Upper management views OpenAFS as a liability
(don't get me started...) and seems to believe CIFS and or NFS are better
cross-platform, WAN-accessible filesystems.

--
Aaron Knister
Systems Administrator

--e89a8f503b7271381e04c88e93af

Well I can tell you that from a developer perspective UMBC really has given=
 that baby up for adoption. Upper management views OpenAFS as a liability (=
don&#39;t get me started...) and seems to believe CIFS and or NFS are bette=
r cross-platform, WAN-accessible filesystems. <br>

=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padd=
ing-left:1ex">

Hi Ken,<br>
Unfortunately I am really swamped right now and won&#39;t be able to deal w=
ith the patches for at least a few weeks.<br>
I am fine with you having access to the sourceforge project, but it&#39;s n=
ot solely my call.... I made a bunch of improvements to mod_waklog, but it&=
#39;s really the UMich and UMBC peoples&#39;s baby. =A0I&#39;m CC&#39;ing t=
hem and the openafs list in case their email addresses have changed; if the=
y are okay with it I&#39;m happy to hand over the project to you.<br>

=A0 - a<br>
On Aug 16, 2012, at 2:06 AM, Ken Dreyer wrote:<br>
&gt; Hey Adam,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; There&#39;s a couple patches floating around for mod_waklog. I&#39;m n=
ot sure<br>
&gt; what your current availability is - do you have time to merge these<br=

&gt; into the upstream repository on SourceForge?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; If you&#39;re very busy, could you give me commit access? My SourceFor=
ge<br>
&gt; username is ktdreyer.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Ken<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ---------- Forwarded message ----------<br>
&gt; From: Ken Dreyer &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ktdreyer@ktdreyer.com">ktdreyer=
@ktdreyer.com</a>&gt;<br>
&gt; Date: Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:03 AM<br>
&gt; Subject: patches for mod_waklog<br>
&gt; To: Aaron Knister &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:aaronk@umbc.edu">aaronk@umbc.e=
du</a>&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Hi Aaron,<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; I&#39;m packaging up mod_waklog for Fedora, and I saw your patches on =
your<br>
&gt; website [1]. Thanks for publishing these! I had two questions:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 1) In the _GNU_SOURCE patch, would it be simpler to reduce that &quot;=
ifdef<br>
&gt; _GNU_SOURCE + else&quot; to an &quot;ifndef&quot; ?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; 2) Did you try to get these patches upstream? I would like to get them=
&gt; into the official git repo on SourceForge if possible.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; - Ken<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://userpages.umbc.edu/%7Eaaronk/waklog/" target=3D"_bla=
nk">http://userpages.umbc.edu/~aaronk/waklog/</a><br>
s Administrator<br>Division of Information Technology<br>University of Mary=
land, Baltimore County<br><a href=3D"mailto:aaronk@umbc.edu" target=3D"_bla=
nk">aaronk@umbc.edu</a><br>

--e89a8f503b7271381e04c88e93af--