[OpenAFS-devel] Moving buildbot configs to a public git repo

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 18:07:34 -0500

On 12/28/2012 05:54 PM, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
> On 28 Dec 2012, at 22:12, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
>
>> Mike Meffie has offered some helpful suggestions on how streamline the buildbot configuration. He also provided a way to isolate the slave
>> passwords into a separate file. Does anyone object to sharing the buildbot configuration as a public git repo?
> It would seem to make most sense to put this on gerrit.openafs.org - doing so is pretty straightforwards now, and lets us use the same tools to manage our buildbot config as for everything else.

I'm ambivalent on gerrit vs. github. Either way would require a person
to pull the code to the buildmaster, unless we add some hook scripts and
a little automation.

Either way, the slave passwords would need to be removed from git/gerrit
and be managed by hand and possibly some other things.

I would need to finish my buildbot test VM's before deploying that level
of automation.

Jason