[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Breaking callbacks on unlink

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:13:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Ok, thanks for clarifying.  With this model, are the intended semantics of unlink/rm that the "operation succeeds, but the object is still there and will be seen by the next ordinary lookup/stat/readdir?"

(I should say, I did hear Troy's suggestion of a wholly different sort of use case involving mutating the backup volume, I'm staying entirely out of that...)

Matt

--
Matt Benjamin
The Linux Box