[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Breaking callbacks on unlink

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:27:22 -0600

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:33:38 -0800
Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

> > Or are you/others of the opinion that this should be considered part
> > of the protocol semantics that should not be changed? i.e., if the
> > AFS protocol were documented, what would be said wrt this?
>
> I would default to documenting the semantics, given that they've
> existed for years.

er, I don't know if this matters at all, but I'm not sure if I was clear
here. I meant this more like, "the fileserver MUST NOT break callbacks
when nlink reaches 0" or MAY NOT, SHOULD NOT, etc... ?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net