[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Breaking callbacks on unlink

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 14:30:09 -0800

Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> writes:

> er, I don't know if this matters at all, but I'm not sure if I was clear
> here. I meant this more like, "the fileserver MUST NOT break callbacks
> when nlink reaches 0" or MAY NOT, SHOULD NOT, etc... ?

SHOULD NOT would be my guess at the closest to documenting the current
behavior: there's a provision for this that probably is there for a
reason, but that reason doesn't look horribly compelling and the decision
to do so or not, while having interoperability implications, doesn't seem
to rise to the level of a hard protocol requirement.