[OpenAFS-devel] Re: meaning of VNOVOL, VOFFLINE, etc.

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Tue, 08 May 2012 13:55:03 -0400

--------------enig86603ED432AABC83E58C61F8

On 5/8/2012 12:59 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
>> A second VNOVOL from the same server will remove the server reference
>> as before.
>=20
> It's not immediately clear to me what the implications of this are; doe=
> this mean the just thinks the volume is not at that site until the
> client refreshes vldb info?

Correct.

> Does 'replicated' in this context mean RO, or 'more than one site'?

A volume is only replicated from the perspective of the Cache Manager if
there is more than one site.  The critical question is whether or not
there is an alternate instance to try.