[OpenAFS-devel] openafs master problem with OSX?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 14:03:09 -0500

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Troy Benjegerdes <hozer@hozed.org> wrote:
>> > Should ./regen.sh && ./configure && make packages work, or
>> > is there more magic I need?
>>
>> better switches to configure, ARCHFLAGS, and making packages as root
>> (after making dest as root or not; sadly in order to build the pkg in
>> the dmg with the kext owned correctly, you need to be root)
>>
>> better yet, it's in the archives.
>>
>> https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/port-darwin/2011-August/001373.html
>>
>> I'm sure you'll suggest changing configure and/or make somehow. Before
>> you do, I'll save you the trouble:
>> if every version of xcode was capable of the same things as every
>> other version even for a given OS version,
>> we could. It's not. So if you have a patch which works for you, use
>> it. But it will need considerable testing before you
>> should expect everyone else to use it.
>
> At least in Debian, which has an openafs package, I can file a bug somewhere
> about whatever the silly thing that changed that broke ./configure, and the
> developer who made the change actually might care enough to think about why
> it broke.
>
> I'm not even going to pretend to think that anyone at Apple actually cares
> if they break the OpenAFS build with an xcode/OSX/etc change.
>
> For OSX, can we update http://openafs.org/macos.html to point to a
> wiki page, and then I'll put a link to the archive, so that I can find
> it right away when looking for a MacOSX package?

git clone git://git.openafs.org/openafs-web.git
scp -p -P 29418 gerrit.openafs.org:hooks/commit-msg openafs-web/.git/hooks/

edit your clone. push to gerrit openafs-web module. done.

--
Derrick