[OpenAFS-devel] RT, Gerrit, Release Management changes

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:21:30 -0400

--------------enig6D0641EE7B0CE04136FBEFB9

On 10/8/2012 12:38 PM, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> Can you get the central.org administrators to install=20
> http://search.cpan.org/~abergman/RT-Authen-OpenID-0.01/lib/RT/Authen/Op=
enID.pm

Before we waste the time of the central.org administrators, it would be
useful to know that the above code in fact works and to address any
customization that is required.  The above package has few reviews, no
discussion, no bugs, and appears to be for a defunct service called
"Bitcard".  It also appears at first glance to be hard coded to use
livejournal as the OpenID source.  As written I doubt it could be
deployed as a drop in.

> Is there a compelling reason to continue using RT? There seems to be a =
lot of
> work involved to make it usable to new developers.

In addition to the fact that the individuals that administer central.org
are trusted to maintain the privacy of non-public information, they are
also trusted to be around for us.  RT, mail, dns, web, and software
distribution via /afs/grand.central.org are provided to us via
central.org.

Jeffrey Altman