[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Please check Git version on OpenAFS build slaves

Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:09:31 -0400

--------------enig2E49218F18F0403D2B9EC24A

On Friday, September 07, 2012 1:37:34 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> I wasn't directed anywhere for discussion on this, so... it's going to
> -devel.
>
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2012 21:05:12 -0500
> Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@openafs.org> wrote:
>
> [buildbot pulls too much stuff when .buildbot.sourcedata is deleted]
>> To correct this behavior we modified the clean rule to be
>>
>>   git clean -X -f -e !.buildbot.sourcedata
>>
>> Unfortunately, not every version of git supports the -e option and not=

>> all of those that support it do the right thing when -e and -X are
>> combined. Please check the version of git installed on your buildbot
>> slave and ensure that it is at least version 1.7.9.
>
> Is there any reason we can't just add this to .gitignore?

=2Egitignore include ".*" as a pattern of files to remove.
The "-e <pattern>" option to git clean instructs it to ignore the=20
=2Egitignore rules.

If git is not upgraded on a slave, the git clean will either itself=20
fail due to -e not being a valid option or it will succeed but remove=20
=2Ebuildbot.sourcedata and force the entire repository to be copied from =

openafs.stanford.edu at an approximate rate of 50KiB/second.   Given=20
the ever increasing size of the gerrit repository, this can take a very=20
long time and eat up a lot of bandwidth.

Jeffrey Altman