[OpenAFS-devel] Please check Git version on OpenAFS build slaves

Simon Wilkinson simonxwilkinson@gmail.com
Fri, 7 Sep 2012 19:23:16 +0100

On 7 Sep 2012, at 18:37, Andrew Deason wrote:
>=20
> [buildbot pulls too much stuff when .buildbot.sourcedata is deleted]
>> To correct this behavior we modified the clean rule to be
>>=20
>>  git clean -X -f -e !.buildbot.sourcedata
>>=20
>> Unfortunately, not every version of git supports the -e option and =
not
>> all of those that support it do the right thing when -e and -X are
>> combined. Please check the version of git installed on your buildbot
>> slave and ensure that it is at least version 1.7.9.
>=20
> Is there any reason we can't just add this to .gitignore?

I didn't want to make the change to .gitignore because it breaks =
building OpenAFS versions that don't have that change in them - it =
seemed somewhat fragile. Of course, the alternative is also fragile, as =
it depends on the git version of each build slave.

Cheers,

Simon