IPv6 strawman plan: Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Moving Forwards

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 01:19:40 -0400

--------------enigE503D73F0C85ADECBE87A069

While you may fork the code base, you may not fork the AFS3 wire
protocols.  If you decide to implement your own extensions to AFS3 you
must follow the rules of the AFS3 standardization and RPC registration
processes.  If you choose not to follow those rules, then you must
implement your own wire protocol that will not interfere with AFS3
clients and servers.

While the approach you describe below might be sufficient for your
personal needs, it is unlikely that it would be acceptable to OpenAFS.

Jeffrey Altman