OpenAFS RT changes (was Re: [OpenAFS-devel] Re: Moving Forwards)

Simon Wilkinson simonxwilkinson@gmail.com
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 20:33:54 +0100

On 10 Sep 2012, at 16:30, Andrew Deason wrote:

> Aside from the spam/abuse angle, which people have covered ("it's a
> problem, but tractable")... many extant RT accounts are pretty
> restricted. IIRC, I can't 'steal' ownership of anything, or comment on
> any ticket I'm not explicitly included on, which makes it pretty darn
> difficult to use.
>=20
> I think that means I can't 'resolve' things owned by other people =
unless
> I get them to explicitly reassign ownership. I also cannot 'delete' =
spam
> tickets and such.
>=20
> Opening _that_ much up I believe is simpler.

Okaty, so as a first step, let's fix this. I believe that this is just a =
case of changing the permission set, and possibly the list of users with =
a given permissions.

I believe a while back, the offer was made to do this, providing that we =
had some agreement on what those permission sets should be.

So, I'm proposing the following sets:

guest:
	As present, can view the openafs-bugs queue, but can't update =
them

commenter:
	Can do anything to a bug, but can't delete it, or merge it with =
another bug, (these are potentially irreversible steps in RT)

developer:
	Can do anything to a bug

And then the existing set of permissions for the security queue. All =
active accounts would be by default in the 'commentor' state. Anyone who =
meets my earlier criteria for +2 access to gerrit would also be in the =
developer set.

And then we solve the issue of how to do automatic signup as a separate =
step.

Any comments?

Cheers,

Simon.