[OpenAFS-devel] Re: OpenAFS RT changes

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:54:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012, Andrew Deason wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 20:33:54 +0100
> Simon Wilkinson <simonxwilkinson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So, I'm proposing the following sets:
>>
>> guest:
>> 	As present, can view the openafs-bugs queue, but can't update
>> 	them
>>
>> commenter:
>> 	Can do anything to a bug, but can't delete it, or merge it with
>> 	another bug, (these are potentially irreversible steps in RT)
>
> I thought 'delete' was just like resolving something, but it has a
> different state. You can move stuff out of the 'deleted' state, I
> thought; it doesn't actually delete anything (it just makes it harder to
> find in e.g. searches)

I think in some installations tickets in the 'deleted' state will get
reaped periodically.
But, I know very few people who bother searching in the 'deleted' state,
so I would be okay leaving it out of the 'commenter' permissions.

>> developer:
>> 	Can do anything to a bug
>
> To be clear, these refer to any bug (in the bugs queue), not just a bug
> someone is on some list for or whatever, is my understanding.

I've wanted to go through and clear spam from time to time and been uable
to do so; this proposal sounds good.

-Ben