[OpenAFS-devel] Doxygen

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Tue, 18 Sep 2012 01:04:00 -0400

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Simon Wilkinson
<sxw@your-file-system.com> wrote:

> On 16 Sep 2012, at 21:03, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
>> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:
>>
>>> * the openafs-git debian packaging files need to be synced with the mor=
>>> recent Debian project's packaging repo.
>>
>> If you want builds on master, you need a lot more than that; what's
>> currently in the tree won't work for master because of the significant
>> changes to the library layout.  That's what I was alluding to in the
>
> The dust hasn't entirely settled here yet, either. At the moment, our _pu=
blic_ masters on library are approximately what they are on 1.6. The oafs_*=
 libtool libraries are not installed, and where they are used by binaries, =
they are used statically.

> At some point, I do plan on installing the libtool libraries, and on conv=
erting from static to dynamic builds by default (those who like to use up t=
heir disk space and memory with static binaries will still be able to do so=
 with --disable-shared). However, before this happens, we need to resolve t=
he whole question of the 'make dest' style of relocatable package, which ju=
st won't work with a shared library based system.

A trivial "install script" which fixes them with chrpath e.g.
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/notes/rpath.html
would work but is not really on top of my list of ways I'd like to deal.

Still, better than the good old fun with dump and undump to build
emacs binaries!
--=20
Derrick