[OpenAFS-devel] Doxygen

Simon Wilkinson sxw@your-file-system.com
Sun, 16 Sep 2012 21:21:27 +0100

On 16 Sep 2012, at 21:03, Russ Allbery wrote:

> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:
>=20
>> * the openafs-git debian packaging files need to be synced with the =
more
>> recent Debian project's packaging repo.
>=20
> If you want builds on master, you need a lot more than that; what's
> currently in the tree won't work for master because of the significant
> changes to the library layout.  That's what I was alluding to in the

The dust hasn't entirely settled here yet, either. At the moment, our =
_public_ masters on library are approximately what they are on 1.6. The =
oafs_* libtool libraries are not installed, and where they are used by =
binaries, they are used statically.

At some point, I do plan on installing the libtool libraries, and on =
converting from static to dynamic builds by default (those who like to =
use up their disk space and memory with static binaries will still be =
able to do so with --disable-shared). However, before this happens, we =
need to resolve the whole question of the 'make dest' style of =
relocatable package, which just won't work with a shared library based =
system.

Cheers,

Simon