[OpenAFS-devel] Doxygen

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sun, 16 Sep 2012 13:03:07 -0700

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> * the openafs-git debian packaging files need to be synced with the more
> recent Debian project's packaging repo.

If you want builds on master, you need a lot more than that; what's
currently in the tree won't work for master because of the significant
changes to the library layout.  That's what I was alluding to in the

I'll mention that I prefer to have comaintainers for Debian packages, and
Sam hasn't had time in quite a while to work on the Debian OpenAFS
packages.  If anyone reading has past experience with Debian packaging and
would like to become a comaintainer, drop me a line and let me know.
You'll need a guest account on alioth.debian.org if you're not already a
Debian developer.  You don't need to have upload rights; I can do uploads
and code review if folks have time to work on the packaging bits.

*Most* of the details on how the packaging is maintained should be
documented in README.source, but I know it's not complete, and I can help
flesh it out.

It would probably be best to create an external repository for packages of
master, since using experimental means that experimental can't be used to
stage pre-releases of new stable releases.  I can probably provide a
repository for that purpose, but that will take me a little bit to figure
out the best way to do that.