[OpenAFS-devel] Re: pthreading the bosserver

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 9 Aug 2013 10:30:00 -0500

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 18:46:13 -0400
"Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR)" <chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil> wrote:

> Since people seemed to think it was important the bosserver run
> correctly on LINUX24 kernels (i.e. LinuxThreads) I did make an install
> of Centos 4.<whatever> and tested briefly against that.  I only built
> the bosserver bits I needed though and used some simply dummy programs
> to simulate the the server processes.

I was more concerned about race conditions or other weird things that
don't happen immediately, but would be likely to happen over time.
However, what has been described with waitpid() seems very
straightfoward and shouldn't be affected by any changes in signalling
behavior, if I'm understanding correctly. It also has a direct analog on
Windows and in general seems very easy to think about and explain, so
that sounds best to me.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net