[OpenAFS-devel] RHEL5 buildslaves

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Fri, 16 Aug 2013 19:40:39 +0200

On Aug 16, 2013, at 19:05 , Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> As I recall, the main requirement for a gerrit-triggered buildslave is =
that the build must complete within a certain time, say 10-15 minutes.
>=20
> If we had multiple RHEL5 buildslaves and could increase throughput, =
would that be acceptable for being triggered by gerrit? Is latency the =
deciding factor?

Speaking for the 1.6 branch: Yes, latency is important. But it's the =
slowest slave that counts, so adding one that is faster than the =
currently slowest one is no problem IMO. At least until it becomes the =
slowest one after a while...

Throughput is generally helpful too. It reduces the extra latency =
incurred by mass submissions/rebases. Those should have become rare now =
though, since 1.6 is no longer a Windows target.

> I'm concerned about RHEL5 being neglected because it doesn't appear in =
gerrit.

For the stable branch, EL5 is hardly in danger of being neglected. =
Master seems a different story though.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-