[OpenAFS-devel] Re: RHEL5 buildslaves

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:23:36 -0500

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:05:21 -0400
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> I'm open to other options to reduce bit rot on platforms without a
> gerrit-triggered build.

Generate an email when the build fails, probably to a mailing list
specifically for openafs buildbot-related notices. If you have such
builders build once a day and consolidate the email, that would generate
at most 1 automated email a day. (Or make it once a week, or whatever.)

Or just any notification method, really. But emails and mailing lists
etc is what I find convenient, as I'm sure many others do around here.
Needing to check the buildbot interface to see that stuff is failing
isn't anywhere near as useful (though it is better than nothing).

That's all _if_ a platform isn't building per-gerrit-change. Obviously
per-gerrit-change is better, if there's a way for the slave to keep up.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net