[OpenAFS-devel] slave suggestions for buildslaves?

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2013 21:15:36 -0400

Hi everyone,

Jeff Hutzelman is offering a few x86_64 boxes as build slaves and
possibly a sparc box for solaris 10.  Currently, the longest
gerrit-triggered slave is solaris 10/11 at 26 minutes. Most of the
gerrit slaves take 15-24 minutes.

Are we missing any coverage for operating systems? Where would these
slaves do the most good? I'm asking the list, because you're the ones
who spend the most time waiting on the slaves. I know that the buildbot
slaves get backed up when a new release is being pushed out. How can we
best use these? Is there some other use that we should consider?

Thanks,
Jason