[OpenAFS-devel] Re: slave suggestions for buildslaves?

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Sun, 23 Jun 2013 20:40:17 -0400

On Sat, 2013-06-22 at 15:12 -0400, Jason Edgecombe wrote:

> For platforms with multiple slaves, we could have two builders, one with
> all the slaves, and one with only one slave. The single-slave builder
> could be assigned to the master branch and the multi-slave builder could
> be assigned to the other branches.

I guess I don't see an advantage to this.  The branches which only get
pullups once in a while get all the cycles, while the branch where the
real work happens gets to be starved?

The whole reason this came up is because I noticed it was taking a long
time for the builtbot to get to changes I submit, even when things are
relatively quiet, and I wanted to throw more cycles into the pool to
make that get better.

-- Jeff