[OpenAFS-devel] Re: slave suggestions for buildslaves?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 09:19:17 -0500

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 20:40:17 -0400
Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> wrote:

> I guess I don't see an advantage to this.  The branches which only get
> pullups once in a while get all the cycles, while the branch where the
> real work happens gets to be starved?

They could be for master, too; I'd like them to prioritize stable branch
changes over master changes, if that's possible to do. The advantage for
1.6 is that it would speed up rebasing/submitting a lot of 1.6 changes,
which can easily happen; I think speed there is more important, since
delays can easily delay the release process. I don't really see what
master submission delays impede.

I don't think the concern about differing buildbot results would be a
huge problem, though; we should notice it pretty quickly, and builds
breaking for "external" reasons still happen sometimes.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net