[OpenAFS-devel] bos superusers and pts extended names

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Thu, 9 May 2013 07:31:44 -0400

--089e013a26962b753d04dc476503

Designed in 2007. Unfortunately, and the reason there is no implementation
already contributed: if you do, you can rapidly fill your database.
Remember that ubik
is limited in overall database size due to the addressing of blocks.

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@mit.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 8 May 2013, Simon Wilkinson wrote:
>

>> On 8 May 2013, at 20:29, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:
>>
>>  As such, the UserList configuration file for bos is no longer
>>> sufficient, as it is not compatible with possibly-binary data.
>>>

>> I wrote an implementation of this for YFS in 2010, which was contributed
>> to OpenAFS in September of that year. It's on master. Take a look at
>> afsconf_DeleteIdentity, afsconf_GetNthIdentity, afsconf_AddIdentity and
>> afsconf_SuperIdentity.
>>

> Hmm, I guess I was paying less attention to master in 2010 than I am now,
> sorry I missed it.
>
>  The commit message (**0af17e7eccb79dd7d618c98dc0b489**d55209df50)
>> discusses the file format. Essentially, we store things in the current
>> UserList file.
>>

> Thanks for the pointer.
>
> I guess we get to move on to talking about how to actually store extended
> names in the prdb, now?  Or is that solved already, too?
>
> -Ben

Derrick

--089e013a26962b753d04dc476503

Designed in 2007. Unfortunately, and the reason there is no implementation =
already contributed: if you do, you can rapidly fill your database. Remembe=
r that ubik<br>is limited in overall database size due to the addressing of=
 blocks.<br>
uk <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:kaduk@mit.edu" target=3D"_blank"=
tyle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
On Wed, 8 May 2013, Simon Wilkinson wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
On 8 May 2013, at 20:29, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
As such, the UserList configuration file for bos is no longer sufficient, a=
s it is not compatible with possibly-binary data.<br>
I wrote an implementation of this for YFS in 2010, which was contributed to=
 OpenAFS in September of that year. It&#39;s on master. Take a look at afsc=
onf_DeleteIdentity, afsconf_GetNthIdentity, afsconf_AddIdentity and afsconf=
_SuperIdentity.<br>

Hmm, I guess I was paying less attention to master in 2010 than I am now, s=
orry I missed it.<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
 discusses the file format. Essentially, we store things in the current Use=
rList file.<br>
Thanks for the pointer.<br>
I guess we get to move on to talking about how to actually store extended n=
ames in the prdb, now? =A0Or is that solved already, too?<br>
-Ben<br>