[OpenAFS-devel] Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 22 May 2013 15:09:00 -0500

On Wed, 22 May 2013 22:57:44 +0300
Markus Suvanto <markus.suvanto@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have not managed to reproduce this problem yet using KVM virtual
> machine and btrfs file cache. But today my real hardware hangs.
> Unfortunately my kernel is compiled without CONFIG_KALLSYMS so my
> trace below is useless (maybe this is different problem than tmpfs
> case and not even related to openafs), but there is "INFO: rcu_sched
> self-detected stall on CPU" and if I remember correctly last time I
> have the same problem and it was fixed in commit
> 5c52f277108e2b97a14aba6539849f71bd554cd0

Could you supply the config.log that was generated when you built
openafs?

fwiw, I have that btrfs test case set up; I was going to have it run for
awhile tonight and see if I could trigger anything.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net