[OpenAFS-devel] Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 23 May 2013 09:35:43 -0500

On Wed, 22 May 2013 23:20:31 +0300
Markus Suvanto <markus.suvanto@gmail.com> wrote:

> config.log is in attachment. On more thing, I only recompile kernel
> module and everything else including /usr/sbin/afsd comes from gentoo
> portage and currently it is net-fs/openafs 1.6.2

I assume this hasn't shown up on the actual -devel list because of that
attachment. In the future, you may want to just link to it elsewhere, or
at least compress it before sending. But yeah, the config.log for the
kernel module is all I was looking for.

Anyway, it seems like quite a few configure tests succeed which should
fail, but I can't find any yet that should matter. For example, both
DOP_REVALIDATE_TAKES_UNSIGNED and DOP_REVALIDATE_TAKES_NAMEIDATA are
defined. It looks like these require -Werror to actually fail for an
incorect type for that last argument; Marc, is there a reason that's not
specified now?

That shouldn't matter, since the UNSIGNED one takes precedence over the
NAMEIDATA check. And looking at the preprocessed output and the actual
compiled module for me, it really looks like we are indeed checking the
correct flags for RCU (in both 'd_revalidate' and 'permission').

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net