[OpenAFS-devel] Building openafs on SmartOS?

Coy Hile Coy.Hile@COYHILE.COM
Fri, 1 Nov 2013 11:55:01 +0000

--_000_46a48849401e482ebb10a7cc6a0a1eb2exch01COYHILECOM_

My goal is to get OpenAFS built on SmartOS (with the eventual plan to make =
the somewhat neglected build in pkgsrc -- or at least my own fork of Joyent=
's pkgsrc repo -- work again, as I'd like to be able to make SmartMachines =
OpenAFS clients.  However, it looks like there's still a hard dependency on=
 Sun Studio for Solaris-based builds.  Even when I set CC=3D/opt/local/bin/=
gcc, configure complains that it can't find studio, and suggests that I set=
 $SOLARISCC.

If I set SOLARISCC=3D/opt/local/bin/gcc, the build at least begins, but it =
looks like CFLAGS still expects studio, as it starts sending -mt as part of=
 CFLAGS (which it apears gcc doesn't understand.)

Do I have to do anything cute to make OpenAFS build on a Solaris-derivative=
 without Studio?  In a pinch, I could probably hack up a local SmartOS buil=
d that includes the bits from the solaris 11 binary tarball, but that's not=
 necessarily maintainable long-term.

-c

--_000_46a48849401e482ebb10a7cc6a0a1eb2exch01COYHILECOM_

<head>

rgin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}</style>
</head>
">My goal is to get OpenAFS built on SmartOS (with the eventual plan to mak=
e the somewhat neglected build in pkgsrc -- or at least my own fork of Joye=
nt's pkgsrc repo -- work again, as
 I'd like to be able to make SmartMachines OpenAFS clients. &nbsp;However, =
it looks like there's still a hard dependency on Sun Studio for Solaris-bas=
ed builds. &nbsp;Even when I set CC=3D/opt/local/bin/gcc, configure complai=
ns that it can't find studio, and suggests that
 I set $SOLARISCC.<br>
If I set SOLARISCC=3D/opt/local/bin/gcc, the build at least begins, but it =
looks like CFLAGS still expects studio, as it starts sending -mt as part of=
 CFLAGS (which it apears gcc doesn't understand.)<br>
Do I have to do anything cute to make OpenAFS build on a Solaris-derivative=
 without Studio? &nbsp;In a pinch, I could probably hack up a local SmartOS=
 build that includes the bits from the solaris 11 binary tarball, but that'=
s not necessarily maintainable long-term.<br>
-c</div>

--_000_46a48849401e482ebb10a7cc6a0a1eb2exch01COYHILECOM_--