[OpenAFS-devel] Building openafs on SmartOS?

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 1 Nov 2013 09:36:22 -0400

On Fri, 1 Nov 2013 11:55:01 +0000
Coy Hile <Coy.Hile@COYHILE.COM> wrote:

> If I set SOLARISCC=/opt/local/bin/gcc, the build at least begins, but it looks like CFLAGS still expects studio, as it starts sending -mt as part of CFLAGS (which it apears gcc doesn't understand.)
>
> Do I have to do anything cute to make OpenAFS build on a Solaris-derivative without Studio?  In a pinch, I could probably hack up a local SmartOS build that includes the bits from the solaris 11 binary tarball, but that's not necessarily maintainable long-term.

You might have to go back through the mailing lists but at one point
there was a problem building kernel modules for solaris with gcc.  I
can't imagine that is still the case with illumos though since I think
they build everything with gcc.

I did build openafs on openindiana with gcc at one point but I only
tested the server parts not the client.  I would test it but I got rid
of the virtual machine that I did the work on.

https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-info/2002-September/005781.html