[OpenAFS-devel] ubik administration RPCs

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Thu, 28 Nov 2013 15:21:36 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

> At the most recent Pittsburgh hackathon there was an effort to extend
> the ubik db to use more than one db file.  This effort failed because it
> is not possible using the existing DISK operations to perform
> transactions on more than one db file at a time.  Extending the db to
> use multiple files is desirable for the implementation of the PTS
> Extended Names extensions
>
>  draft-brashear-afs3-pts-extended-names

We do have a existing proposal for bumping the prdb version and supporting
extended names within the single-file-on-disk database, though the
discussions of it never really finalized on anything.

https://lists.openafs.org/pipermail/openafs-devel/2013-June/019380.html

Hmm, the last message in the thread in the archive seems to be me saying I
would send another reply, whoops.

-Ben