[OpenAFS-devel] release-team meeting minutes 2013-11-13

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:27:18 +0100

Log: =
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2013-11-=
13.txt

=3D=3D Attendance =3D=3D

* Andrew Deason
* Derrick Brashear
* Jeffrey Altman
* Marc Dionne
* Mike Meffie
* Stephen Quinney
* Stephan Wiesand

=3D=3D 1.6.6pre1 =3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D Linux kernels =3D=3D=3D

Marc reports after the meeting that we're still good with the current =
kernel git, after the bulk of VFS changes queued for 3.13 have been =
merged.

=3D=3D=3D OS X Mavericks =3D=3D=3D

Derrick will have a patch for the panic on symlink creation later this =
week. A Mavericks installer will take longer. No blocker for pre1.

=3D=3D=3D Linux namespace fixes =3D=3D=3D

The cleanup in 10443 was rebased and merged on master during the =
meeting. After the meeting, it was discovered that 10247/8 had the same =
change-id as on master, and the whole stack pulled up again - see
=
http://gerrit.openafs.org/#q,status:open+project:openafs+branch:openafs-st=
able-1_6_x+topic:linux-user-ns,n,z .

=3D=3D=3D Cache truncation fixes =3D=3D=3D

More review would be good. Marc reviewed most of them during/after the =
meeting.

=3D=3D=3D Other changes discussed =3D=3D=3D

10454 is low risk. It was reviewed and merged during the meeting.

10444 may not actually fix the problem it was meant to fix. Not for =
1.6.6 right now.

=3D=3D=3D Timeline =3D=3D=3D

We'll hopefully be able to get pre1 out before next week's meeting. =
Here's the checklist:

* merge the cache truncation fixes, after more review (especially of =
10436)
* merge the linux namespace fixes (10458 needs review)
* merge the NEWS change (the latest draft in 10359 already covers all =
these)
* merge "make pre1"
* create tarballs
* smoke tests by release-team
* push the tag and announce

The first two items are the blockers.

[at the time of sending this to -devel, we're at the "smoke tests by =
release-team" stage]

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY - DV -