[OpenAFS-devel] red hat 6 2.6.32-358.20.1.el6.x86_64 kernel

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Mon, 7 Oct 2013 16:19:57 +0200

On Oct 7, 2013, at 15:48 , Jeffrey Altman <jaltman@your-file-system.com> =
wrote:

> The required changes for the Linux 3.11 kernel will be included as =
part
> of the 1.6.5.1 release.   This release will also include Linux =
specific
> bug fixes and an AIX specific bug fix.
>=20
> The repository branch openafs-stable-1_6_5_x contains the proposed
> changes.  Unless something unexpected occurs the 1.6.5.1 release will =
be
> announced within the next two weeks.

All true, but it's very unlikely that any of those changes are required =
to compile a working module for that RHEL-6.4 kernel. And none of the =
Linux specific bug fixes headed for 1.6.5.1 affects RHEL6.

Either way, openafs modules for that kernel won't show up in any =
repository I know of before the source package is available on Red Hat's =
ftp server and rebuilt and released by the downstream projects. Which is =
unlikely to ever happen if this is indeed a hotfix only available to =
customers on special request.

Stephan

> Jeffrey Altman
>=20
>=20
> On 10/7/2013 9:11 AM, Loggers, JEW - SPLXM wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Red Hat released a new kernel  2.6.32-358.20.1.el6.x86_64.
>>=20
>> When can we expect a kernel module for this release?
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> Regards,
>>=20
>> Enno Loggers
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> KLM*Royal Dutch Airlines*
>> Linux/Unix operations (SPL/XM)
>>=20
>>=20
>> Tupolevlaan 2-24a, room h1-v2/1352 P.O. Box 7700, 1117 ZL Schiphol
>> Airport, The Netherlands
>> Tel: +31 (0)6 30022594 (GRP: 99623)
>> Fax: +31 (0)20 =96 6499623Email: enno.loggers@klm.com
>> <mailto:enno.loggers@klm.com>
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> ********************************************************
>> For information, services and offers, please visit our web site:
>> http://www.klm.com. This e-mail and any attachment may contain
>> confidential and privileged material intended for the addressee only. =
If
>> you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the =
e-mail
>> or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that =
any
>> other action related to this e-mail or attachment is strictly
>> prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
>> error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and =
delete
>> this message.
>>=20
>> Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
>> its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete
>> transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for =
any
>> delay in receipt.
>> Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. (also known as KLM Royal =
Dutch