[OpenAFS-devel] Re: debian-linux-i386-builder issues

Marc Dionne marc.c.dionne@gmail.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2013 16:43:23 -0400

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net> wrote:
> It really seems like this is going to keep coming up again and again
> unless we have a way to generate the .c and .h files separately. That
> either means modifying our compile_et to only generate one at once, or
> fiddling around with temporary files a la MIT krb5 as Mike mentioned
> earlier. Modifying compile_et seems way simpler and way more robust to
> me, so that definitely seems preferable unless we cannot do that for
> compat reasons or something.

There's change 7921 in gerrit from Mike, along those lines.  I
definitely agree that modifying compile_et to generate the files
separately would be the cleanest way forward; there just doesn't seem
to be a simple solution that covers all the bases otherwise.

Marc