[OpenAFS-devel] Re: debian-linux-i386-builder issues

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 5 Sep 2013 09:58:23 -0500

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 10:04:33 +0200
Christof Hanke <christof.hanke@rzg.mpg.de> wrote:

> Including ./rxkad.p.h at beginning of rxkad.h file.
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644  /home/buildslave/buildbot/slave/openafs/full/build/include/rx/rxkad.h
> /usr/bin/install: missing destination file operand after `/home/buildslave/buildbot/slave/openafs/full/build/include/rx/rxkad.h'
> Try `/usr/bin/install --help' for more information.

I'm not sure if it's why this is happening, but the builders don't seem
to be removing all 'cruft' between build runs, since they are running
'git clean -X' instead of 'git clean -x'. In particular on that slave,
the 'include' directory is staying around between some runs, which may
be confusing.

I don't recall any reasoning for using -X specifically. Is there any
reason we are using that and not -x ? -x would get rid of everything not
tracked by git, except for the -e exceptions.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net