[OpenAFS-devel] Re: debian-linux-i386-builder issues

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk@MIT.EDU
Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:17:27 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2013, Andrew Deason wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Sep 2013 11:07:23 -0400
> Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net> wrote:
>
>> I've seen the same thing happen on debian by just doing a 'make clean'
>> in, for example, src/bozo.  I recall changing the makefile as Ben says
>> to replace the $? with the actual filename, but wasn't sure if that
>> was the right way to fix this.
>
> Yes, we should probably do something like what Ben says as a general
> buildsystem bugfix (I assume he's correct on the details but I haven't
> really looked). But for buildbot I think it's more urgent to get a

My mail was from memory, so ... I am not as confident as that.

> pristine tree each time (and not building the tree twice), so the build
> results are more consistent with less dependence on what's actually in
> the tree.

I think I remember something about buildbot configuration files or cache
or something that we did not want to remove.

-Ben