[OpenAFS-devel] Re: debian-linux-i386-builder issues

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 17:54:23 -0500

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:49:31 -0400
Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:

> After some experimentation, I've changed the old git clean statement
> on the debian slave from:
>      git clean -X -f -e !.buildbot-sourcedata
> to:
>      git clean -d -x -f -e '.buildbot-sourcedata'
>      git clean -d -X -f -e '!.buildbot-sourcedata'
>
> I found out these commands by experimenting on the debian slave. It
> seems like we needed two passes to clean out everything without
> affecting the .buildbot-sourcedata file.

I'm not sure why the second command is necessary; that shouldn't do
anything after the first command is run. And indeed, glancing at the
logs for the debian slave right now shows that the second command
doesn't seem to be deleting anything.

However, at least for all of the slaves that build 1.6 gerrit
submissions, they are all running 'git clean -dfx' in the "git [update]"
step. That is, in addition to / separately from the "shell_2 [git clean
...]" step, including removing the .buildbot-sourcedata file. As far as
I can tell, it doesn't seem to be causing any problems.

So, at least from my perspective, at least for the 1.6 builders we
shouldn't need any extra 'git clean' steps at all now.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net