[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Remove periodic 1.4 builders

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:46:32 -0500

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013 07:32:03 +0200 (CEST)
Harald Barth <haba@kth.se> wrote:

> Maybe keep one "old school" RH-derivate like CentoOS or SL. That are
> the ones most likely to want 1.4.x imho.

To be clear, I'm not talking about removing machines or config or
whatever. Right now irix and hpux build the tip of 1.4.x every single
day, which is a complete waste (the more 'normal' platforms build on
every gerrit submission instead; those are still around, as far as I
know). 1.4.x doesn't ever change; if we get another security fix to
patch 1.4 for, it would presumably go on top of 1.4.15 anyway, not the
tip of 1.4.x.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net