[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [OpenAFS release-team] release-team jabber meeting August the 28th

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 10:41:23 -0400

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> I have attached the output of "sar -udp" for some time during one of
> the builds. It's definitely CPU-bound with heavy I/O, but you can be
> the judge. For a build slave, you can reduce I/O on ext3 filesystems
> by adding the "commit=60" mount option.

Hmm, I built it with ext4 (only because that was the default)..  But I
suspect I could still do that.  A full clone+build takes somewhere
between 8-15 minutes (probably depending on what's already in the
cache).  My first time through it was closer to 15; second time through
closer to 8.

>>> Here is a guide for setting up a buildslave:
>>> http://openafs-wiki.stanford.edu/BuildbotSlaveHowto/
>>>
>>> Here is a puppet module for installing buildbot, but it's only for
>>> Debian/Ubuntu at the moment:
>>> https://github.com/edgester/puppet-module-buildbot

On Fedora it was WAY easy:

  yum install python-twisted buildbot-slave
  yum install perl-podlators krb5-devel ncurses-devel

That was all I needed off a fresh F19.

>>> I'll have to configure any new slaves on the master before that can
>>> join the build pool.
>>>
>>> Let me know if you have any questions or problems.
>> Which Fedora version(s) would you like to see?
>>
> Fedora 19 x86_64, please.

Okay, I'm set up.  The next thing I'll need is the configuration from you.

> Thanks,
> Jason

-derek