[OpenAFS-devel] Callbacks on shutdown -- release-team minutes 2014-02-12

drosih@rpi.edu drosih@rpi.edu
Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:21:43 -0500

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:25:14 EST drosih@rpi.edu wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:40:03 EST Stephan Wiesand wrote:
> >
> > == 1.6.7 changes pre announcements ==
> >
> > Last week, we decided to make 1.6.7+ clients give up their callbacks
> > on shutdown, causing problems for older fileservers in the 1.3.50-1.4.5
> > and 1.5.0-1.5.27 ranges, without a knob to turn this off, and that this
> > should be announced in advance on the -info and -announce lists as well
> > as at EAKC. It just wasn't defined who will do it, and when. Postponed
> > to a meeting with Jeffrey present, since it was his proposal.

And let me ask one more question to make sure I understand this right.
The issue is with fileservers only, and not with database servers, right?
So if our fileservers are running (say) 1.4.7, then we should be okay,
even if our AFS database servers are an older version?

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn
Senior Systems Programmer