[OpenAFS-devel] HP-UX slave going away

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:57:36 -0600

The HP-UX build machine I'm currently maintaining will be going away
relatively soon. I've shutdown the buildbot slave already, but it should
be removed from the buildbot configuration.

Currently, 1.6 does build on HP-UX but master does not. I may try to
fiddle around with it to see if I can get master to build before the
machine goes away, but I don't know if I'll have time. If you have any
reason to want to see if something will build on HP-UX, you have maybe a
couple of weeks or a month before it is completely inaccessible.

As far as I know this is the only HP-UX machine anyone tries to build
openafs on these days, so if you or someone you know cares at all about
openafs on PA-RISC HP-UX, you'll need to speak up (and probably provide
hardware).

I'm not sure if openafs wants to explicitly drop support for HP-UX after
this, but I assume it will bitrot pretty quickly post-1.6 without a
machine to build on.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net