[OpenAFS-devel] release-team meeting minutes 2014-01-22

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 20:32:23 +0100

Log: =
http://conference.openafs.org/release-team@conference.openafs.org/2014-01-=
22.txt

Participants:

* Andrew Deason
* Ben Kaduk
* Derrick Brashear
* Ken Dreyer
* Mike Meffie
* Stephan Wiesand

=3D=3D 1.6.6 =3D=3D

1.6.6 was tagged in git by Derrick after Marc confirmed that the final =
Linux 3.13 has no further changes affecting us. Binary builds are well =
advanced, but we still miss RHEL5 (in progress, but x86_64 was =
interrupted by an AFS bug ;-), FBSD and OS X.

Decision: We'll wait for more binaries until Friday afternoon (GMT) and =
then release/announce with what we have. Additional binaries can be =
added later.

=3D=3D release management =3D=3D

Andrew asks for better communication of where we are in the release =
process, in particular about an upcoming deadline for bringing up =
noncritical changes for the next release. Stephan to improve.

Stephan would like to start merging changes for 1.6.7 rather sooner than =
later, and not wait for a while just in case we need a 1.6.6.x. This =
would make it somewhat more likely that we'd need a -1_6_6_x branch. =
This branch would be handled just like the -1_6_5_x one, where we =
strictly pulled up from the -1_6_x branch only, and only changes fixing =
actual common problems plus possibly simple low-risk changes addressing =
related problems on other platforms. No objections were raised by the =
participating gatekeepers.

=3D=3D 1.6.7 =3D=3D

In next week's meeting, we'll discuss what to generally include in the =
1.6.7 release. Interested parties should prepare a list of issues they's =
like to see addressed in 1.6.7. There's no need for a ready-to-merge =
change to be available then.

Candidates already brought up for inclusion in 1.6.7:

- gerrit 10631: Stephan to submit a patch more to Ken's liking [update: =
done]
- =
http://gerrit.openafs.org/#q,status:open+project:openafs+branch:openafs-st=
able-1_6_x+topic:mavericks,n,z
 to enable automatic buildbot builds on the new OS X slave for 1.6 too
- gerrit 10598 to avoid slow access to uncached content by confined =
processes under SELinux
- a few simple fixes or cleanups already pulled up (10473 10600 10602 =
10603 10751)
- a fix for the (rare but annoying) "no buffer space available" (see =
8464) - Andrew to propose a patch

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-