[OpenAFS-devel] Linux module failure: "Unknown symbol test_set_page_writeback"

Stephan Wiesand stephan.wiesand@desy.de
Sat, 19 Jul 2014 21:48:07 +0200

On Jul 19, 2014, at 01:43 , Russ Allbery wrote:

> The openafs module won't load with the current Debian testing kernel.  =
It
> fails with:
>=20
> [23378.773381] openafs: Unknown symbol test_set_page_writeback (err 0)
>=20
> Is this something that's already fixed in the stable branch or at =
least in
> Gerrit?  If so, could someone point me at the patches?

I'm not aware of any change in the pipeline that looks to me like it =
would fix this. The linux specific changes headed for the next release =
are gerrit 11308 and 11309 (and, for completeness, 11205). The current =
assumption is that these will suffice to support Linux 3.16. But Marc's =
last confirmation was ~3 weeks ago, and I'm not sure how recent the =
"3.16" in Anders' review of 11309 was.

--=20
Stephan Wiesand
DESY -DV-