[OpenAFS-devel] aklog on OS X does not contact KDC to obtain AFS serivce principal

Marcus Crestani crestani@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:27:13 +0200

BA> One early thing to check: make sure you are actually using OS X's
BA> Kerberos. MacPorts or Homebrew may pull in Kerberos as a dependency and
BA> this can lead to getting tickets with one and then trying to aklog with
BA> the other, and they may be using different ccaches and sometimes
BA> different krb5.conf files.

We are using OS X's Kerberos.  And aklog uses the correct ccache, since
aklog is able to obtain a token once the AFS service principal is in the
ccache (manually added via kgetcred, for example).  It is just not able
to obtain the AFS service principal, for us it doesn't even talk to our
KDC.

--
Marcus